Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Nonprofits & PayPal


* I call on anyone associated with a worthy nonprofit to encourage provision of the convenience that I now insist on.
* Between Christmas and New Year's Eve, I attempt to support almost 60 nonprofits, those working to preserve and enhance aspects of civilization that I care about. In earlier years, I could do it with checks in envelopes. Now, I need the convenience of email and PayPal. Many of my target nonprofits don't provide this convenience, so they don't get my contribution. Instead, they get the note below sent to their CONTACT addresses.
* My Donation-Policy Note:
* In my senility (cataracts, arthritis), I no longer write checks to nonprofits, and I don't use a credit card on line.
* I respond to emails from organizations devoted to family planning and population restraint, provided they don't solicit via regular mail and provided their email solicitations have PayPal buttons. With these same provisions, consideration is also given to organizations that support local culture, help the needy, extend justice or those to which I have an obligation.
* In summary, I use only PayPal to contribute.
* Please, send no solicitations lacking a PayPal button.
* Please, no post-office mailings.
* I try to support more than 50 nonprofits, so I don't have time for paper or for typing my data.
* This year I supported about 23 nonprofits. The following are those that I attempted to support and would have supported if they had the PayPal button: American Indian College Fund, CEDPA, Common Cause, Cumberland River Compact, Davidson College, Engender Health, Fisk University, Friends of Radnor Lake, Friends of UNFPA, Friends of Warner Parks, Girls Inc, Guide Dog Foundation, Heard Library, International Bluegrass Music Museum, Legal Momentum, NARAL, NOW, Nashville Humane Assoc, Nashville Public Television, Nashville Opera, Nashville Rescue Mission, Nashville Symphony Orchestra, Nashville Zoo, National Women's Law Center, PCI-Media Impact, Pathfinder International, Peabody College, Planned Parenthood, Planned Parenthood of Middle and East Tennessee, Population Action International, Population Connection, The Population Council, The Population Institute, Room in the Inn, Second Harvest Food Bank, The Seeing Eye, Tennesseans for Fair Taxation, United Way, Vanderbilt University, W.O. Smith Music School

No comments: